Utility Laborer Job Description:
Assist Foreman and skilled craft workers in performing their assigned duties under close supervision. Usually an entry level position as the first step to learn a skill.
• Dig, spread, and level dirt, sand, and gravel using a hand tools
• Lift, carry, and manually transport construction materials, tools, and supplies
• Clean tools, equipment, materials, and the work area
• Mix and spread concrete, asphalt, gravel, and other materials using hand tools
• Join, wrap, and seal sections of pipe • Perform a variety of routine non-machine tasks such as removing forms, filling excavations, placing pipe sections in trench, and assembling sections of pipe
• Perform a variety of machine tasks such as tapping soil, jack hammering.
• Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
• Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
• Other unlisted duties will be assigned Requirements
• High School Diploma or GED is preferred but not required
• Ability to communicate in English/Spanish via verbal and written communications
• Move throughout a construction jobsite which includes minor obstacles including climbing ladders and inclines, operating heavy equipment, and lifting up to 50 pounds
• Heavy physical activity performing strenuous day activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
• Work outdoors with exposure to changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind.
• Water, Sanitary, Storm Sewer works experience is a plus.
Angel Brothers Enterprises, Ltd