DOT End-dump driver job description consists of driving a tractor trailer with a forty-five foot dump bed trailer carrying product material consisting of sand, gravel, asphalt and or crushed concrete.
Driver is required to Pre and Post trip vehicle inspections before and after his/her shift that may consist of completing paperwork, walking around the vehicle as well as squatting under trailer to inspect frame, tires, brakes, etc.
Driver will possibly enter and exit his vehicle cab approximately 8-10 times per day/per shift.
Depending on product carried, the driver will be required to climb in and out of his/her trailer to clean the material from the bed if a different type of product is dispatched for transport. Driver that transport asphalt material can be required to enter and exit his trailer by fixed ladder 4-6 times per day.
• Possess either a Class A or B CDL license
• Have at least two years truck-driving experience
• Must be proficient in tractor trailer with 10 and 13 speed transmissions
• Must be able to complete a pre/post trip vehicle inspection
• Follow specific instructions given by a ground man on a job or trucking supervisor
• Proficient in daily paperwork
• Knowledge of TxDOT & Federal regulations and desire to stay in compliance.
• Some physical work must be able to climb in and out of trailer using a ladder. May have to use a shovel to keep trailer clean.
• Be Safety oriented
• Follow all company policies in regards to personal protective equipment.
• Be reliable, punctual and self-motivated
• Be capable and confident in your ability
You will be completing all tasks and duties required for driving around the local area, as well as some long-distance jobs.
• Employee Health Benefits Available
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Hourly pay plus Production Bonus
• Paid Weekly
• Occasional Saturday work